These Mini Raspberry Cheeze-Cakes from Jazzy Vegetarian’s Deliciously Vegan are delicate and delightful, but not too sweet.
I first discovered Jazzy Vegetarian on PBS several years ago, and I loved how Laura Theodore made vegan cooking so easy – and fun, too! The show is now in its sixth season, and Laura is still cooking up deliciously easy vegan meals.
Jazzy Vegetarian’s Deliciously Vegan
Laura’s new book Jazzy Vegetarian’s Deliciously Vegan is the companion book to the show, and it’s loaded with 175 mouthwatering recipes. I got a sneak peak at the book a few months ago, and I’ve been anxiously waiting it’s release. It’s finally here, and I’m glad that I can share it with you today!
In Jazzy Vegetarian’s Deliciously Vegan, you’ll find dishes for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and dessert, as well as snacks, sauces, dressings, and party fare. Laura’s recipes are easy to make, and they use ingredients that are easy to find in any grocery store. A lot of the dishes are veganized versions of Laura’s family favorites, and they’re omnivore approved. You’ll find recipes for such delicious dishes as Banana Walnut Muffins, Tex-Mex Salad Bowl, Sensational Stuffed Manicotti, and Devine Chocolate Mousse Cake.
Laura includes lots of plant-based tips in the book, including lists of ingredients to keep in your pantry, how to bake without eggs, and how to substitute cheese and cream in recipes. She also includes menus for different events, such as a New Year’s Eve soirée, a summer jamboree, and a weekend brunch, to make party planning easy.
- Festive Morning Favorites
- Sunny Smoothies
- Nibbles, Noshes and Quick Bites
- Sauces, Dressings and Tasty Toppings
- Marvelous Muffins and Quick Breads
- The Daily Green
- Soup’s On!
- Brunch or Light Supper
- Pasta Love
- Elegant Entrées
- Jazzin’ Up Veggies and Grains
- Cakes, Crumbles, Cookies and Crisps
- Puddings, Pies, Tarts and Treats
These Mini Raspberry Cheeze-Cakes are super easy to make, and they’re perfect for springtime gatherings. Your guests won’t miss the dairy!
I have many more recipes from the Jazzy Vegetarian’s Deliciously Vegan bookmarked. I’m looking forward to trying the Potato and Spinach Frittata, Cauliower-Leek Soup with Sweet Paprika, Fusilli-Broccoli Bowls with Walnut “Cream” Sauce, and Lasagna Muffin Cups.
- ½ cup raisins
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- ½ cup unsweetened shredded dried coconut
- 1 block (14 to 16 ounces) extra-firm regular tofu, well drained
- 1 aseptic box (12 to 12½ ounces) firm silken tofu, well drained
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 5 teaspoons maple syrup, divided
- ⅓ cup apricot preserves
- 2 teaspoons water
- 36 fresh raspberries
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Thoroughly coat a 12-cup standard muffin tin with vegan margarine.
- To make the crust, put the raisins, pecans and coconut into a high-performance blending appliance and process until the mixture forms soft dough. Transfer the dough to a plate. Put 1
- heaping tablespoon of the dough into each of the prepared muffin cups and gently press it into the bottom of the cup to make a crust. Continue in this manner to make 12 crusts. Pre-bake the
- crusts for 6 minutes. Put the tin on a wire rack and let cool for 10 to 15 minutes before adding the filling.
- Once the crusts have cooled, put the filling ingredients into a high-performance blending appliance and process until very smooth. Divide the filling evenly among the 12 muffin cups,
- smoothing out the top as you go. Bake for 24 to 26 minutes, or until the filling is almost set.
- Put the pan on a wire rack and loosen the sides of each mini-cake with a knife. Drizzle ¼ teaspoon of maple syrup over the top of each mini-cake. Let cool 10 minutes, then carefully remove each mini-cake from the muffin cup, and place it on the wire rack to cool for 15 minutes.
- While the mini-cakes cool, put ⅓ cup apricot preserves, the remaining 2 teaspoons maple syrup and 2 teaspoons of water into a small bowl and briskly whisk until combined. Spoon about 11/2 heaping teaspoons of the mixture over the top of each mini-cake. Artfully press 3 raspberries into the top of each mini-cake. Refrigerate at least 4 hours before serving. Loosely covered and
- stored in the refrigerator, the mini-cakes will keep for 1 day.