This chilled Minty Cucumber and Carrot Soup from Jazzy Vegetarian’s Deliciously Vegan by Laura Theodore makes a colorful and refreshing first course, or a light and frosty summertime luncheon entrée. The beautiful orange hue, combined with a hint of mint, produces a delicate and welcoming flavor to this easy to make warm weather soup.
Minty Cucumber and Carrot Soup
- 2 2/3 cups peeled seeded and chopped cucumber
- 1 1/2 cups peeled and chopped carrots
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 1 small clove garlic chopped
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil optional
- 1/2 teaspoon firmly packed chopped fresh mint
Put all of the ingredients into a blender and process until almost smooth.
Transfer to a medium-sized bowl. Cover and refrigerate 2 to 4 hours, or until well chilled. Stir before serving.