Here’s a festive and fabulous way to serve a first course salad, any time of the year. Spooned into tiny parfait or champagne glasses, this tasty avocado salad provides a refreshing change to a standard green salad.
- Juice from half a medium lemon
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil (see note)
- ⅛ teaspoon sea salt, plus more as needed
- 10 to 14 grape or cherry tomatoes, halved or quartered
- 1 medium-to-large avocado, pit removed, peeled and diced
- Put all of the dressing ingredients in a small bowl and whisk briskly to emulsify. Put all of the salad ingredients in a medium-sized bowl. Pour in the dressing and gently stir to combine. Season with more salt, to taste. Cover and refrigerate 30 to 60 minutes before serving. To serve as a fancy first course, spoon into pretty glasses, displayed on a decorative plate.
Recipe from Laura Theodore's Vegan-Ease: An Easy Guide to Enjoying a Plant-Based Diet © Laura Theodore (Jazzy Vegetarian, LLC 2015), reprinted by permission. Photo by David Kaplan.