¾ cup applesauce
½ cup brown sugar
1/3 cup sugar
½ cup oil
6 small apples (I used Granny Smith, Gala or Fiji would be fine, too)
2 cups all purpose flour
2 tsp baking soda
1 tbs cinnamon
dash of ginger
dash of allspice
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a very large bowl mix the applesauce, sugar, spices, vanilla, and oil.
- Meanwhile, peel and slice the apples and add to the mixture in the bowl. You’ll want to keep coating them so they don’t turn brown or just take half a lemon and squeeze some lemon juice over them while you’re peeling and slicing the rest of the apples.
- Stir in the baking soda and flour to the bowl.
- Mix well until all of the flour is absorbed and everything is combined.
- Pour in a pie pan or another greased round pan.
- Bake for about an hour or until the top is brown, has risen and is no longer soft in the middle. (Test that a toothpick comes out clean, to be sure.)
- Let cool and serve!