One of the biggest questions I get asked when people find out I don’t eat many processed foods, meat, or dairy is “What DO you eat?”. And the truth is, you can eat satisfying, healthy dishes that taste even better than the traditional unhealthy forms. The perfect example is this healthy, delicious 7 Layer Dip. It’s full of veggies, protein, healthy fats, and snack-loving-goodness.
7 Layer Dip
- 3 avocados
- 2 roma tomatoes
- 1/2 cup raw cashews
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 can pinto beans
- 1 can chickpeas
- 2 tbsp chili powder
- 1-2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp tapioca starch
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp cumin
- 2 tsp coconut oil
- 1-2 tsp sea salt
- Drain and rinse chickpeas and pinto beans. Add pinto beans and 1/4 cup vegetable broth to a blender. Blend until smooth. Heat over medium heat. Add in a pinch of salt and 1/2 tbsp chili powder. Heat thoroughly and place in a casserole dish. Spread it evenly in the bottom of your dish.
- Add chickpeas to your blender, pulse until chopped but not blended smooth. Heat coconut oil in a pan and add chickpea to the pan. Add in the rest of the chili powder, the paprika, the cumin, 1 tsp garlic powder, 1/2 tsp salt, and 1/4 cup vegetable broth and combine thoroughly. Spread on top of the bean mixture.
- Place 1 tsp coconut oil in a pan to melt, add in 3/4 cup vegetable broth, nutritional yeast, 1/2 tsp garlic powder, and 1/4 tsp sea salt. Whisk until smooth., then add in tapioca starch and whisk again. Pour over the chickpeas.
- Chop your tomatoes and place them over the cheezy layer.
- Add 3 avocados, juice of 2 limes, and 1 tsp garlic powder to a blender and blend until smooth. Spread on top of tomatoes.
- Chop olives and spread over avocado mixture.
- In a blender, add raw cashews (soaked in water for at least 20 minutes), pinch of sea salt, 1 tsp garlic powder, and 1/4 cup water. Blend until smooth and drizzle or spread over olives.
- Optional *Top with chopped green onions.
- Scoop, eat, and enjoy!