This quick hummus is ready in five minutes flat! Rich, smooth and full of garlicky flavor, it’s accented with the tangy taste of freshly squeezed lemon juice and a tiny bit of heat from the chili powder.
Lots of Garlic Hummus
Makes 4 servings / Ease Factor 1
- 1 cup chickpeas (garbanzo beans), drained and rinsed
- ¼ cup plus 2 tablespoons filtered or spring water, plus more as needed
- 5 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 tablespoons sesame tahini
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon chili powder, plus more for garnish
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
Put all of the ingredients in a blender and process until smooth. Add a bit more water if needed to achieve desired consistency. Transfer the hummus to a pretty bowl and sprinkle the top with a pinch more chili powder, if desired, for a festive presentation.
Recipe from Laura Theodore’s Vegan-Ease: An Easy Guide to Enjoying a Plant-Based Diet © Laura Theodore (Jazzy Vegetarian, LLC 2015), reprinted by permission.