Slow Cooker Potato Cauliflower Curry
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, minced (about 1 cup)
- 1½ teaspoons cumin seeds
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger
- 2 teaspoons ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- ¾ teaspoon ground cardamom
- 4 cups Tasteful Selections Honey Gold Potatoes, cut into chunks (1 – 28 oz page)
- 4 cups small cauliflower florets
- 1 to 2 cups water
- 1 – 14.5 can diced tomatoes
- ¼ to 1 teaspoon chili powder, to taste – optional
- salt, to taste
- steamed rice, for serving
Once hot add the onions and saute until translucent, about 10 minutes. Stir in the cumin seeds and saute for about 3 minutes. Then add the garlic, ginger, turmeric, coriander and cardamom and saute another 3 minutes, or until the spices become fragrant.
Finish in the slow cooker:
If you are going to cook it the rest of the way in the slow cooker add the cooked onion and spice mixture, the potatoes, cauliflower, 1 cup of water and the diced tomatoes with liquid. Cook on low for 8 to 9 hours.
Before serving add chili and salt to taste.
Add the potatoes, cauliflower, 2 cups of water and the diced tomatoes with liquid into the soup pot with the cooked onions.
Bring to a boil, then lower to a simmer and cook until the potatoes are tender about 15 to 20 minutes.
Add chili and salt to taste before serving.
Lazy tip: If you want to you can skip the sautéing and throw everything into the slow cooker. It won’t be quite as flavorful, but it can really make your life easy during a busy week.