Make your own beauty products with the Cosmetixer! The Cosmetixer is a machine designed to make beauty products in a quick & easy way.
Before going vegan, I didn’t give much thought to my skin care routine or the makeup that I purchased. I moved on from Noxzema to Neutrogena and Oil of Olay (a.k.a. Olay these days), I wore mostly Cover Girl makeup, and I thought I kept it all pretty basic. I now know that my idea of basic meant lots of chemicals, some animal testing, and general ignorance on my part. I know I’m not alone in this, I just wish I’d wised up sooner.
But I have to be honest. I’m still confused about ingredients, and once in a while I find out that I bought a natural beauty product that isn’t vegan. When I stopped eating animal products, I had to learn how to “veganize” a lot of meals that I enjoyed in my pre-vegan days. It took a bit of time, but it was worth it. And there is no reason why I can’t or shouldn’t do the same with my beauty products. Just think of the pros:
(courtesy of Linh Le)
- You can make organic, vegan, cruelty-free, and healthy beauty products.
- People who have sensitive skin or skin allergies can make their own products.
- You know exactly what ingredients are in your beauty products.
- You can customize the scent, color, and texture of your products.
- You save money.
- You can handmade gifts for family and friends.
- It’s fun, especially when you are making the products with your loved ones.
- You can start your own cosmetic line.
- You can make even more money if you sell the products.
- No experience is required.